Mortgage Intimation of Deposit of title deed, Notice of intimation, Registration of equitable Mortgage Deed
Disclaimer: I have written this to help guide the process purely based on my experience.
The ‘Mortgage Intimation of Deposit of title deed’ should be physically filed within 30 days from the date of mortgage. Read this post completely before starting to fill the notice.
Recently I have purchased a resale flat and the BANK told me to file ‘Mortgage Intimation of Deposit of title deed’. I could find no good document to refer and follow to file the intimation. I also approached an agent for the same and He told me that the process is too much complicated and will take long time and an individual cannot easily achieve it.
But I tried to do it on my own and found that it is as simple as that! It hardly takes 4-5 hours to complete the process (including the travel time to bank) Mortgage Intimation of Deposit of title deed
Why ‘Mortgage Intimation’
It is carried out with the intention of safeguarding the interests of banks and the society also. Till date, the agreement/intimation relating to mortgage by way of deposit of title deed was out of public domain. Due to this, there was scope for fraudulent practices like availing loans from multiple banks on same property or disposing of the property which is already mortgaged. Therefore these amendments have been brought with the objective of preventing such frauds
Let’s look into the process.
What you need to make sure before doing this?
- Check if the Bank or the financial institute has paid the stamp duty for mortgage registration and take a copy of it duly stamped by the BANK/Institution (usually it is of Rs.8800/-)
- Have the correct address of the property you have purchased
- Have the correct mortgage date, loan disbursement date, loan amount, interest rate etc with you
What does the process involve?
- Fill details of mortgagee, mortgagor, property and payment
- Making the payment towards Filing fees
- Submit the complete form online and take print of the same. This is called ‘Mortgage Intimation form’
- Affix a photo, Make a thump impression on this form
- Get this form signed and stamped from the BANK/Finance Institution
- Visit the Sub-registrar office and submit this form along with following documents (mentioned under “What All documents you need to submit?”)
What All documents you need to submit?
- Mortgage Intimation form (Notice of Intimation regarding mortgage by way of deposit of Title Deed). This is what you get as said above
- PAN card photocopy
- A Rs.100/- stamp paper (Just write “Intimation of Mortgage” on the stamp paper. That’s it!). Even you can have eChallan of Rs.100.00 Please read Readers Digest Section for details
- eChallan (receipt of filing fees of Rs.1000/-). Payment steps are detailed out below.
- Index-II photocopy, Registration receipt copy (You will find it in your sale deed)
- Rs.300/- cash while submitting the documents at Sub registrar (SRO) office
I suggest, to make a payment towards filing fees (Rs.1000/- usually) before filling the details under IGR site
At the End of the post, I have added the suggestions/inputs we have got from the readers. (Section “Readers Digest“)
Filling procedure/steps on IGR website
- Go to IGR website Click Here
- Under “Online Facilities”, click on “Public Data Entry For Filing”
- A page “Department of Registration & Stamps” will be opened (in same window or a new tab)
- Scroll down till you see the button “Start Filing New Entry”, and click on it
- A user registration/ login page will appear
- Create a user (like name_surname etc), create a password (Note down the username and password immediately)
- Enter the details shown in captcha and click “Start Data Entry”
- Following page will be opened:
- Provide “Date Of Mortgage” and click “Start Filing Entry”
- You will be on ‘Mortgagee Details’ tab on the page (your tab will be yellow)
- Select/Enter the bank details and click save
- On the Right hand side top, you will see a Token number like Token No is :9992001140509
- Note down this number because this is what you will need to relogin to your form. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
- After saving, the entry of the Bank will appear at the bottom of the page. If you want to edit the details then click on “Select” button beside the entry
- Click close when you are done with saving bank details
- Now you will be on ‘Mortgager Details’ tab
- Fill your personal details and Save the details, click close
- Enter he property details which you have mortgaged and click save and close
- Now you will be on ‘Payment Details’ tab
- Select the ‘Stamp duty’ radio button and fill the receipt details
- Select the ‘Filing Fees’ button and fill the details of filing fees. Now here is the important point to make a payment towards filing fees. Save all the above work and logout/ you can pay the filing fees before starting all the above process. Scroll down to see the process of paying filing fees
- After filling the payment details, save the form and click View Notice.
- Check the details you provided and take a print of it. See the intimation form example at the end of post
- Affix your photo (In case of joint applicants, affix photos of both of you)
- Make a thumb Impression against respective name(s)
- Take this copy to Bank/Financial institution and get it signed and stamped
- Go to the sub registrar office and submit the documents listed in the section “What All documents you need to submit?”
- They will take a day/two and give a receipt to you. See the intimation receipt example at the end of post
Pay the FILING FEES online (Procedure/Steps)
The filing fees can be paid online. Following is the procedure for the same:
1. Go to IGR website
2. Under ‘Important Links’, click ePayment (GRAS)
3. This will take you to Government Receipt Accounting System site
4. Under ‘Categories’, select ‘Pay Without Registration’
5. Select ‘Payment mode’ as ‘ePayment’
6. For ‘Department’ select ‘Inspector General Of Registration’
7. For ‘Payment Type’ select ‘Registration Fees’
8. For scheme name, ‘Ordinary Collections IGR’ will be populated automatically
9. Select ‘District’, Select Office Name nearest to you
10. Select Period and ‘One Time/Adhoc’ against period
11. Enter amount to pay (Rs.1000/- in case of filing fees here)
12. Select Bank from which you are going to make a payment
13. On top, you will see ‘Article Code’, select ‘Agreement Relating to Deposit Of Title Deed’
14. On Right Hand Side, Fill your name, and property details and your PAN number
15. Enter the Bank name for ‘Party name 2’
16. Click ‘Submit’. You will get a pop-up with a number like “MH001236459201314E”. Make a note of this number. Make the payment
17. Once the payment is done, you will get a receipt page. Save this receipt and take a print of this receipt. This is called ‘eChallan’ See the eChallan example at the end of post.
Plese leave a comment if you found this post useful
Mortgage Intimation of Deposit of title deed
Here are some inputs from the readers. Thank you so much for adding to the post with your valuable inputs:
1] From ‘Manoj Manchekar’
My experience added a few things.
I filed my notice in Ulhasnagar-2 in Thane
They asked :
1) Receipt for purchase of Rs.100 stamp paper which the stamp vendor normally doesn’t provide. But if you purchase stamp paper from stamp vendor nearby SRO he will provide.
2) Stamp paper should have seal, sign of bank
3) Receipt for payment of stamp duty which is generally paid by franking on MEMORANDUM. If you provide copy it should be certified as true copy by the bank.
copy of Index-II and receipt for registration of documents should also be got certified as true copy from the bank.
I think this may be required in all SRO.
If you cross-check it and add to your document list will be helpful to other readers.
2] From ‘The Blogger’
I would like to add to information:
Either purchase stamp paper of 100 /- Or generate eChallan for the same.
Steps to generate eChallan for 100/- (i.e. it is as good as purchasing stamp online)
1. Go to: https://gras.mahakosh.gov.in/echallan/
2. Click on ‘Pay Without Registration’ on left side of page
3. Article Code = “6(1)-AGREEMENT RELATING TO DEPOSIT OF TITLE DEED”
4. Select Department = “INSPECTOR GENERAL OF REGISTRATION”
5. Select Payment Type = “NON-JUDICIAL CUSTOMER-DIRECT PAYMENT”
6. Select Scheme Name = “(00300464) – SALE OF NONJUDICIAL STAMPS IGR REST OF MAHA”
7. Select District =
8. Select Office Name =
9. Add amount as 100/-
10. Update details on right side of page
11. Select bank and pay amount
12. Take print of eChallan and enclose it to the application form as Stamp paper.